Add a workout
- On your Apple Watch, open the Workout app.
- Scroll down and tap Add Workout.
- Tap the desired workout.
Will an Apple Watch count steps on an elliptical?
When using the Fitness app to track when I'm on the Elliptical, it tracks my workout as steps as well.
How do I add an elliptical to my health app?
How to manually add a workout in the Health app
- On your iPhone, open the Health app.
- Tap Browse, then tap Activity.
- Tap Workouts, then tap Add Data in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Enter your workout details. To earn Move credit, enter the total calories burned.
- Tap Add.
How do I sync my Apple Watch with my elliptical?
Hold your Apple Watch within a few centimeters of the contactless reader on the gym equipment, with the display facing the reader. A gentle tap and beep confirm that your Apple Watch is paired. Press Start on the gym equipment to begin. Press Stop on the equipment to end the workout.
How do I get my Apple Watch to automatically track exercise?
On the watch, go to the Settings App, and scroll down to Workout. Then scroll down to the Start Workout Reminder setting. If you want the watch to remind you to start a workout with the Workout App, when you're walking, running, swimming or cycling, leave this switched on.
Does Apple Watch count elliptical miles?
When using the watch on an elliptical it will measure fine as long as I use the movable arms. If I rest my arms on the bars or anywhere else so they are not moving it will not count anything.