What Do You Have to Do to Keep Your Zumba Instructor Certification
Obtaining a Zumba Instructor Certification is a great achievement, but it's equally important to maintain and renew your certification to stay current and ensure your skills are up to date. In this review, we will outline the positive aspects, benefits, and conditions for keeping your Zumba Instructor Certification.
I. Positive Aspects of Keeping Your Zumba Instructor Certification:
- Professional credibility: Keeping your certification demonstrates your commitment to teaching Zumba and showcases your expertise in the field.
- Career growth opportunities: By maintaining your certification, you open doors to potential job promotions, increased pay, and expanded teaching opportunities.
- Continued learning: Staying certified encourages you to engage in ongoing education, allowing you to acquire new skills, techniques, and knowledge to enhance your Zumba classes.
- Networking opportunities: The Zumba community offers a supportive network of instructors, resources, and events, enabling you to connect with like-minded professionals.
II. Benefits of Keeping Your Zumba Instructor Certification:
- Retain your teaching privileges: Maintaining your certification ensures that you can continue teaching Zumba classes at licensed facilities.
- Access to updated materials: Zumba periodically updates its choreography, playlists
long is my Zumba license valid for? If you register for and successfully complete your Basic 1 Training
, your license is valid for six months from the date of your training. However, as long as you are a ZIN member in good standing, your license to teach Zumba classes will not expire
Do Zumba instructors need insurance?
All Zumba instructors need Zumba liability insurance. This means that the insurance will pay for qualifying claims when a student/participant injures him/herself and files a lawsuit against you. The insurance policy of the studios you teach at may cover contractors on 1099s.
Can you make a living as a Zumba instructor?
A Zumba Instructor in your area makes on average $24 per hour, or the same as the national average hourly salary of $23.78.
What qualifications do I need to be a Zumba instructor?
The first step is to attend a Zumba® Basic, Jump Start Gold™ or Jump Start Kids & Kids Jr.™ Instructor Training. To view the dates and locations of upcoming trainings, visit our Instructor Training page. There are no prerequisites to becoming a Zumba Instructor, although a fitness or dance background is always a plus.
Can I put my Zin membership on hold?
If you put your account on hold, we will hold on to the content for you
. When your account reactivates, you will have all the content that you previously had as a ZIN™ Member in good standing. You will not have access to the ZIN Volumes and Mega Mixes that were released while your account was on hold.
How long does a Zumba last?
30 minutes to two hours
Zumba is a fitness style that uses different dance forms, like hip-hop merengue, samba, salsa and reggae, and combines them with basic aerobic moves to create an active workout lasting anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours.