There's no prescribed workout routine, but you may find you have a lot more energy. While some diets have an exercise component, the Whole30 isn't one of them. "There is no exercise component to the Whole30—working out is not a requirement to see life-changing results," explains Hartwig.
What is the best food group to eat after a workout?
Protein-rich foods supply the body with amino acids, which enhance muscle repair and growth, particularly when you eat them after exercising. “The goal is to aim for 10-25 grams of high-quality protein in your post-recovery snack or meal,” McDaniel says.
Which foods meals would be ideal for post workout recovery?
Sample post-workout meals and snacks
- Grilled chicken with roasted vegetables and rice.
- Egg omelet with avocado spread on whole-grain toast.
- Salmon with sweet potato.
- Tuna salad sandwich on whole grain bread.
- Tuna and crackers.
- Oatmeal, whey protein, banana, and almonds.
- Cottage cheese and fruits.
- Pita and hummus.
What is a post workout meal from Whole foods?
A Whole Foods Approach to Sports Nutrition: What to Eat After a...
- 1 cup of cottage cheese with berries or pineapple.
- 2 eggs on whole grain toast with a slice of cheese and tomatoes.
- Smoothie made with greek yogurt, frozen fruit, and spinach.
What are the hardest days on Whole30?
My Whole30 Journey: The Dark Days
- If you follow the Whole30 mood calendars, like the above from Whole30.com, you know that days 10-11 are considered the hardest to get through.
- The good thing about Whole30 is that you can eat eggs and potatoes, so a simple breakfast is easy to make and enjoy.
When should I eat pre and post-workout?
Your body needs carbs to fuel your working muscles. Protein is there to help build and repair. Get a combination of the protein and carbs in your body 1 to 4 hours pre-workout and within approximately 60 minutes post-workout.