One common reason people lose motivation to exercise is that they don't set themselves up for success with the goals they choose. For example, telling yourself that you want to “exercise more” might not be very effective, since it's hard to know when you reach your goal, which could lead to inaction.
How do you fix lack of motivation exercise?
Lack of motivation
- Plan ahead. Make physical activity a regular part of your daily or weekly schedule and write it on your calendar.
- Invite a friend to exercise with you on a regular basis and write it on both your calendars.
- Join an exercise group or class.
Is it normal to feel unmotivated to workout?
There are going to be some times in your fitness journey when you feel unmotivated to go to the gym and work out. Discouragement is normal as your body is telling you that you need rest. But if you give in to this too much, you can slow down your progress and skip more workouts.
Why is it so hard for me to want to workout?
Work issues, car trouble, relationship troubles, and kid drama are just some of the reasons people use to skip a workout for days, months, or even years. After the avoidance come the excuses, the most popular justification being that they just can't find the motivation.
How do I force myself to workout?
This is how I motivate myself to exercise 5 times a week
- Schedule your exercise in at the beginning of the week.
- Keep it varied.
- Have an amazing playlist.
- Don't always go it alone.
- Try new things.
- Don't think about it too much.
- Get a fitness tracker.
- Don't make exercise bottom of your priority list.
Why can't I stay committed to working out?
You might also lack confidence in what you're doing, or struggle to make time for physical activity. If you push too hard, it can hurt. Dr Swann says people often follow the "no pain, no gain" mantra. This assumption that you have to work until it hurts in order for exercise to be productive could stop your momentum.